Steve began his career as a New York City Teaching Fellow and special education teacher in high-need schools in Manhattan and Brooklyn. In 2010, he was selected as a lead teacher by New York City Department of Education where he mentored other teachers and developed curriculum for effectively using technology in the classroom. Steve is also an alumnus of the EDesign Lab, a collaboration between educators, technologists, and designers to prototype and incubate real examples of what interactive digital learning can look like to improve student engagement, motivation, and success. He’s helped organize events for the National Day of Civic Hacking in 2013 and a teen track for Startup Weekend EDU in 2014.
Most recently, Steve was the Director of Educational Technology at the Council for Economic Education, where his primary focus was managing the creation and development of rich, interactive, student-driven learning experiences using the latest web technologies. He has a Master’s Degree in Special Education and an Advanced Diploma in Educational Technology and Leadership.
- May 27, 2015 – May 29, 2015 JSConf US 2015 May 27, 2015 – May 29, 2015
- April 2015
- Mar 4, 2015 EmberConf 2015 Mar 4, 2015
- Jan 24, 2015 – Jan 25, 2015 Girl Develop It: Swift/iOS Jan 24, 2015 – Jan 25, 2015
- Dec 18, 2014 DeRailed, December 2014 Dec 18, 2014
- Nov 20, 2014 Denver Ember.js, November 2014 Nov 20, 2014